Strategic Sourcing Manager - Direct Materials
Bobst India Private Ltd
Mode of employment
- Development and execution of global sourcing strategies, policies and procedures concerning direct material purchasing across all categories
- Accountable for Sourcing performance
- Lead the local sourcing team performances and people engagement
- Ensures global alignment of processes and standard tools in its own organization as well as global team
- Main interlocutor with internal stakeholders:
- Site Sourcing Management, Global CCL, BPO, R&D, Quality, Finance / Controlling, HR, Legal
- Leader in the management of all strategic sourcing activities for direct materials
- Responsible for sourcing strategy development and execution in line with global lead
- Accountable for site category performance.
- Manage Direct Cluster Category team (capacity, performance, career development)
- Accountable for contribution of global Direct Material to the BU Sheet-Fed (EBIT, ROCE, innovation)
- Represent Direct Materials within BU Sheet-Fed management
- Own spend and budget of 3rd party Site Direct Materials
- Set objectives of cost optimization and supply base optimization
- Support to Global Category Management
- Provide forward looking guidance on trends, threats and opportunities-Market Analytics
- Set the top down target for Direct Material 3rd party spend
- Assure the bottom up build-up of objectives for each team member and alignment with the BU target
- Interface to R&D for Sourcing activities along with the Product Development Plan(PDP) process
- Act as a change agent in regards to main stakeholders.
- Management of direct material team
- Lead the development of Category management methods and tools
- Ensure consistent application of all Sourcing levers
- Pilot Sourcing KPIs
- Ensure compliance and application of Sourcing process (Define Sourcing Strategy-Supply Market Assessment-Target Supplier Profiles-New Supplier Phase In)
- Being a member in and contributor to Global Sourcing Committees
- Leads Continuous Improvement of Direct Material practices
- Supply base Risk Management
- Supplier Segmentation.
Key Performance Indicators
- Cost : Changes (Savings / Increases) Purchasing Performance (incl. cost avoidance)
- Quality: PPM
- Delivery: OTIF
- Compliance to Sourcing Process
- Compliance to P2P process
- Supply Base Reduction
- Customer Satisfaction.
Critical Skills and Personal Attributes
- Management experience within a global complex organization
- Direct team management
- Knowledge of SAP & SAP Functions
- Experience in Customs process/Import of parts/Taxes
- Skills – Leadership, Global mindset, Team management, Multi-cultural experience, Cross-functional management, Good communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Category Management, Sourcing processes, Strategy building, process, costing, contract negotiations
- Financial and business acumen.
Education and Experience
- BE Mechanical with 18+ years of experience in-depth strategic and operational Sourcing experience with a solid working knowledge of global Category management.
Bobst India Private Ltd
Head Human Resource
+91 20 398 78 050
Application is not available from a mobile device.