Head of R&D product line (Die-cutters and Hot Foil Stamping)
Research & Development (R&D)
Mode of employment
Reporting to the Head of BU Sheet-fed R&D and Group Technology, you lead a team of 30+ engineers with responsibility for developing, maintaining and providing support on the following product lines: Platen press for folding carton die-cutter (SP), corrugated board die cutter (SPO) and hot foil stamping.
Your main objective is to deliver the product development roadmap and the maintenance of the product portfolio for the respective machines in-line with agreed targets (cost, timing, quality, specifications) as well as with the overall Business Unit Sheet-fed and Group standards.
- Manage the execution of the development project portfolio in order to execute the product roadmap within specifications and deadlines
- Ensure the identification of product improvement opportunities and drives respective projects, e.g. platforms, standardization and innovation
- Drive the technical progress in the machine category in order to ensure technical differentiation and to optimize machine performance, quality and cost
Technical Solutions, support and maintenance
- Ensure the validation of the technical solutions and the coherence with the business units and Group standards
- Ensure the R&D support with other business unit (service) and the Group Production team as agreed in cross-functional processes
Innovation and strategy
- Be the catalyst for innovation within the team and the projects
- Provide input to product strategy / development roadmap
- Manage the product line patent portfolio with the support of the Group IP counsel
- Ensure the identification of R&D efficiency improvement measures and ensure implementation (incl. KPI Cockpits)
- Lead all product development teams and maintenance and R&D support teams of respective machines (engineers and constructors)
- Represent your teams in discussions and negotiations with other services, resolves potential conflicts
- Manage the deployment and prioritization of resources in order to deliver agreed tasks within the budget (development projects and agreed activities for other services)
- Manage product process knowledge
- Drive the development of the teams skill and performance level
- Cost Budget
- R&D efficiency
- Development project KPIs for cost, timing, quality and specifications
- Service level for maintenance and support activities.
- Master in mechanical or micromechanical engineering from a higher institute of education or a university of applied science. Good general multi technology background
- 5 to 10 years of successful experience in a similar position in the industry
- Knowledge in folding carton and/or corrugated board packaging machinery industry
- Knowledge of the different production methodologies and trends
- People management experience in multi-site and multi-cultural environment is desired
- Strong project management skills with a PMI Certificate (or equivalent)
- English and French fluent. German an advantage
- Good knowledge of IT programs: CATIA, MS-Office, SAP applications
- Approx. 20% travel required.
You are recognized for excellent skills in cross-functional coordination and collaboration and your ability to communicate across all levels. People recommend you for your leadership and negotiation skills as well as your vision and ability to innovate and spot future trends. Finally you have excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Bobst Mex SA
HR Business Partner
Route de Faraz 3
Application is not available from a mobile device.